Saturday, January 9, 2010

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T do you know what that mean?



2009 was both my best and worst year. Lots and lots and lots happened, but here’s the jist: last semester at PLU, graduated, said goodbye to my best friends, moved home with the parents, spent 3 months job searching, found love, found a job, lost the love, kept the job, moved to Tacoma.  So now it’s all about moving on and moving up. SCARY!!!

I thought it would be good to write a little bit about myself in this blog, so I did an experiment of Facebook. It was a horrible fail. (Check it out if you need a good laugh…it’s somewhere on my wall.) So lets skip the “about me” part. You all know me anyway. Ha. Plus, a lot of things and people that used to define me in the past don’t define me anymore.

Someone once told me that the endings we go through are the beginnings we’ve been waiting for. That being said, some of my new beginnings include living with a wonderful new roommate, working a real, full time job, volunteering as a Big Sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters, serving on my home church’s council as we begin the process of hiring a new pastor, making a trip to Wisconsin, and…..who knows!!! That’s scary and exciting all at the same time. But I guess that’s what becoming independent is all about. I’m lucky enough to have some wonderful people to help me along the way. :)

PS my blog needs a name…Ideas?

Post title song: "Independent" by Webbie

No comments:

Post a Comment