Saturday, January 16, 2010

Did you get my message?


Anyone close to me knows that I like to talk things out. It’s a good and a bad thing. Good in that it gets everything out on the table, bad in that it usually scares the shit out of people. For me, not scary. I’d much rather talk about a problem than let if fester and get worse or let it go and pretend nothing is wrong. Not my style. But I’m learning that most people don’t feel the same way. Anyway, I guess you could say that the ability to communicate is something really important to me.

I get pissed when people don’t respond to emails, texts, or voicemails. It takes two seconds to reply to someone. It’s a common courtesy. And is the simplest way of avoiding conflict. Just use your words, dangit.

What blows my mind is when people can’t communicate in a professional setting. I can’t even count how many times in college I wanted to kick someone in the face for not being able to reply to an email for a class project or club. Someone I was working with once, who will remain nameless, had so many unread emails in their inbox that they couldn’t receive anymore. How the heck does that happen? Like, check your freakin email. Especially in the business world. There’s no excuse.

I know everyone is wired different when it comes to this, it’s just hard for me to understand why. So know it’s a pet peeve of mine. And reply to my messages, people. Hahaaaaaaa.

Post title song: "Did You Get My Message?" by Jason Mraz


1 comment: